Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Some new stillzz

Lest you forget (or I forget), I am still a visual artist. Here's some of my latest visual artistry.


This one is based on a quick caricature I did back in school for our senior animation show poster. I just  redid the feet, exaggerated the finger, and cleaned up some lines. I figured that it's kinda weird and unrealistic anyways, might as well push it a little by giving him a massive pointer. Still messing around with backgrounds in PS obviously but I kinda like this one. It's just brush textures over a gradient with some mottled eraser action. Was thinking about using a diffused eraser around the edge of the figure to make it pop out a little. 


I've been doing live band photography the past few months, and it's given me some pretty sweet reference for characters. This dude was in one of those weird, precious indie guitar groups and he kept doing this shrugging thing that stood out in my mind. I figured I'd try something loose and sorta childish (ala Mary Blair) to fit the subject. Just messing around with texture brushes and selective finishing techniques (the art of doing less, gotta love it). Overall I'm pretty happy with this one considering it's the first time I've tried a character in this style in PS. 



^ Based on a picture of myself via Photo Booth. Trying out some more layered painterly techniques with different brushes and all that. This one still needs some work, but I like parts of it, and I think the overall placement of features and shape is pretty decent (although the face is perhaps a bit crowded). The background on this one still needs work.

No comments:

Post a Comment