Monday, October 31, 2011

Stop Mo Expurmint

I've also been working on some stopmotion stuff lately, trying to get the feel for it and maybe do some sort of long-form project (longer than 5 seconds at least). I got a nice fast fixed prime lens last week for my camera that does really really well in low light and gives crazy depth of field (a little too much when the camera is that close) and is also ridiculously cheap (zoom lenses that have a comparable aperture usually go for about $1000, this little guy was $70). It'll be great when it's mounted on my down shoot stand which I'm working on too, but I really need to come up with a good project to use it for. I have some ideas for style, but not about the content yet. I usually don't like story based animation unless it's slightly surreal or really visually interesting/unique (or if you can achieve that rare perfect marriage of content and form, but I'm not aspiring to that at the moment).

Here's some tests I shot last week.

video
video

Sorry about the letter-boxing. I couldn't figure out how to fix it easily in Premiere and I gave up, but it's just a test anyways.

No comments:

Post a Comment